Friday, May 18, 2012

Hip Hop Pep talk


Inspiration does not only revolve around books and counsel meetings; this era of multimedia revolution has seen inspiration hail from all forms of sources. At the top of this list is music. When I relate this to the audience population, the major contributor to spreading the messages is hip hop. Hip hop artists employ advice in their talent and use their music to reach a vast majority of people, especially the upcoming generation. This not only works to reach them faster but also effectively as their quotes are easily memorized melodically.  Take for example some drake quotes, “The past which you carry along with you is a gift or curse when you’re going head first” and “Think with your head, you are probably not that much of an important to the others around you if you always treat people with no respect”. These lines have a great impact on their listeners and fans; they work to reshape their lives.
Another hip hop artist spreading his “gospel” is Lil Wayne. Some famous lil Wayne quotes are like: “I got to die with money because I really wasn’t born with it” and “Love me or hate me but I promise it won’t either make me or break me”. My take on this type of revolution is the age of writing is coming to an end, not that everyone will be singing, information will be kept in music tracks. Imagine learning your worst chemistry lesson as a song, by your favorite artist, would it not be simplified? Look at it this way, we all started by cave paintings, pictures that is, then came the age of writing and now we are moving on to a new way of preserving our history. So these hip hop lines are here to stay, after all don’t we live what we our environment makes us to?

No comments:

Post a Comment